The study, based on an analysis of 1.45 million call and email outreach attempts by marketing technology vendors, found the average contact rate for lead generation efforts directed to marketing professionals was 13%—or 8% to 30% higher than other professions (the contact rates for which ranged from 10% to 12%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
How to Reach Marketers
- Marketing professionals may be more responsive to lead generation campaigns, but they are not necessarily easier to reach by phone.
- 20% of appointments set with marketers were via email, a higher percentage than other professions.
- Marketers are quick to say "no" to solicitations, but the are open to second attempts. Follow-up calls and emails to an initial “no” response resulted in 13% of appointments set.
Best Days of the Week to Contact Marketers
- Tuesday was the most productive day for scheduling appointments when prospecting to marketing executives.
- The worst day of the week for scheduling appointments with marketers was Friday.
For more insights from the report, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on a review of lead generation campaigns over a three-and-a-half year period, from 2010 to 2013. These records included 1.45 million outreach attempts, including both phone calls and emails.
Continue reading "What Works When Selling to Marketers [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales: