The video has 4.24 million shares on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs since its launch in April.
In second place, with 4.03 million shares, is GEICO’s Hump Day commercial. The ad, which celebrates the middle of the workweek, has trended every Wednesday since its launch in May. That pattern does not follow the normal ad-sharing trends for the rest of the list, for which a quarter of total shares happened within the first three days of launch. About 67% of the Hump Day shares occurred on a Wednesday.
Below are the top 10 ads of the year, based on the number of shares as opposed to the number of views. The analysis did not include movie or TV trailers.
1. Dove: Beauty Sketches (4.24 million shares)
2. GEICO: Hump Day (4.03 million shares)
3. Evian: Baby & Me (3.34 million shares)
4. Kmart: Ship My Pants (3.05 million shares)
5. Cornetto: Yalin (2.91 million shares)
6. Budweiser: Brotherhood (2.7 million shares)
7. Pepsi Max: Test Drive (2.69 million shares)
8. MGM/Carrie: Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise (2.17 million shares)
9. Ram Trucks: Farmer (1.88 million shares)
10. Volvo: The Epic Split (1.82 million shares)
Here are the ads that ranked 11-20 in the analysis:
11. Neft Vodka: Biting Elbows (1.35 million shares)
12. Truemove: Giving (1.26 million)
13. PooPourri: Girls Don't Poop (1.24 million)
14. GoPro: Fireman Saves Kitten (1.23 million)
15. Phonebloks: Phonebloks (1.08 million)
16. Three: The Pony #DancePonyDance (1.06 million)
17. H&M: David Beckham: (928,000)
18. Rockstar: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay (841,000)
19. Sony: Used Game Instructional Video (764,000)
20. Code.org: What Most Schools Don't Teach (754,000)
About the research: The rankings were based on the number of shares on Twitter, Facebook, and the blogs as opposed to the number of views. The analysis did not include movie or TV trailers. Data was collected from January 1, 2013 to November 18, 2013.
Continue reading "The 20 Most Shared Ads of 2013" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising: