More than a quarter (28%) of small and medium-sized businesses say increasing their online presence (further developing a website/online store) is their top marketing priority for 2014, according to a recent report by j2 Global's Campaigner, eFax and eVoice.
Adopting email marketing automation to easily and efficiently reach customers was a close second, cited by 23% of survey respondents as their top priority.
Ensuring email marketing efforts aren't thwarted by spam filters or the new tabs in Gmail is third on the list (11%), followed by adopting mobile marketing best practices (14%).
Below, additional key findings from the survey of 1,647 SMB professionals.
- 70% of survey respondents plan to use the Facebook mobile app for business development and marketing in 2014.
- Twitter and YouTube are second and third in terms of mobile apps that SMBs have used and/or plan to adopt in the coming year.
- Despite consumer popularity, only 3% of SMBs have used or plan to use Snapchat.
- 27% of SMBs surveyed plan to retire their fax machine in 2014.
- 23% plan to transition from a landline to a virtual phone system/mobile phones.
- 43% of respondents say exercising more often is their personal resolution for business success in 2014.
- 23% say being open to new ideas is their personal resolution.
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 1,647 SMB professionals conducted between November 15-22, 2013.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- How Direct Mail Can Cut Through the Pandemic Marketing Clutter (And How to Obtain Those Valuable Home Addresses)
- Marry Brand and Demand to Unleash the Full Power of Personalization in ABM
- The Information Sources B2B Tech Buyers Most Rely On
- Seven Things Ruining Your B2B Marketing Budget—And How to Fix Them
- COVID-19's Impact on B2B Martech Budgets