Google Android widened its lead over Apple in the US smartphone market: Google captured 53.7% of smartphone subscribers in the US, while Apple secured 35.0%, according to data from the comScore MobiLens service for the three-month period ended in November 2012.
Nearly 76% of US mobile subscribers used text messaging—the most popular type of content use—on their mobile device (not just smartphones).
Samsung remained the top mobile handset manufacturer overall with 26.9% of market share.
Smartphone Platform Market Share
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]
- How to Use Augmented Reality to Attract Customers [Animated Infographic]