A quarter of marketers plan to keep their content marketing budgets at the same levels as 2013, and just 4% plan to decrease spend.
The report was based on data from a survey of 502 marketers conducted in fall 2013, with 53% of respondents focused on B2B marketing, 12% on B2C, and 28% on both.
Below additional key findings.
Top Content Marketing Priorities
The marketers surveyed rank generating leads as their top content marketing priority for 2014. Engaging customers/buyers is second, and brand building is third.
Impact of Content Marketing
- Respondents see content marketing as being most effective in the upper part of the customer acquisition funnel—especially for awareness-building and customer engagement.
- However, its impact on the lower part of the funnel is also quite significant, with nearly two-thirds of marketers indicating they've seen an increase in lead quality and quantity due to content marketing.
Content Marketing Mix
The average desired content marketing mix is 61% created, 27% curated, and 12% syndicated—essentially the same as the current mix.
- 16% of marketers surveyed are curating for their audience every day.
- 48% are curating from third-party sources at least once a week.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 502 marketers conducted in the fall of 2013, with 53% of respondents focused on B2B marketing, 12% on B2C, and 28% on both.
Continue reading "2014 Content Marketing Trends and Tactics" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Biggest Frustrations of Content Managers [Infographic]
- It's About Time: Six Tried-and-True Ways to Extract Content From Your SMEs
- How to Build a Content Marketing Funnel That Will Drive Sales
- The Top Barriers to Creating Great B2B Content
- The Top 20 Content Marketing Hashtags, Topics, and Searches