Advertisers looking to boost the effectiveness of their digital display ads should be focusing on in-content units, nontraditional placements, contextually relevant creative, and above-the-fold locations, according to recent data from Infolinks.
The report was based on the results of an eye tracking study conducted by EyeTrackShop in 2013. Participants allowed researchers to access their webcams, which were then calibrated to track eye movements as webpages were viewed. Almost all of the respondents were under 40 (76% 18-30; 22% 31-40), and half were male, half female.
Below, key findings from the study.
Native Ads vs. Banner Ads
- Native ads—units delivered within core content areas—were seen 47% more quickly than banner ads in traditional locations on the same pages.
- Moreover, the time spent in the main content areas was 4,000% more than the time spent in the areas containing the banner ads, resulting in significantly higher brand recall.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads
- The Most Effective PPC Ad Channels
- The Meteoric Rise of Podcastingâ€”and Podcast Advertising [Infographic]
- Memorable Ad Jingles: Can Consumers Recall Classic Commercial Tunes?