Although some companies, such as Yahoo, have sought to curtail telecommuting in recent years, a growing number of creative professionals are working outside the office, according to a recent report from The Creative Group.
The analysis was based on data from 400 telephone interviews—approximately 200 with marketing executives randomly selected from companies with 100 or more employees, and 200 with advertising executives randomly selected from agencies with 20 or more employees.
One-third of survey respondents said the percentage of creative staff working remotely today is higher than three years ago, 59% said it's the same, and only 4% said it's lower.
Asked what the primary benefits of allowing remote work options are, executives responded as follows:
- 22%: Allows access to talent outside of your geography resulting in a broader talent pool
- 19%: Improves retention and morale by providing enhanced work/life balance
- 15%: Increases productivity by reducing commute time
- 9%: Saves money by requiring less office space
- 7%: Allows access to talent where the cost of living and salaries are lower.
About the research: The report was based on data from 400 telephone interviews with marketing and agency executives.
Continue reading "Remote Working on the Rise" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Quality Over Quantity in Lead- and Conversion-Scoring
- Using Product Management to Bring a Strategic View to Data and AI Ops
- How to Wholly Unify Sales, Marketing, and IT
- Brands as the Center of Data Solutions? It's Already Happening
- Six Ways Marketers Can Achieve Sustainability Instead of Just Talking About It
- How to Trim Your Out-of-Control Martech Stack