However, marketers and agencies are planning to primarily increase spend on proven channels, with a much smaller share going to unproven tactics.
Overall, agencies expect a 20% year-over-year growth in digital spend in 2014, and brand marketers expect a 38% increase.
Advertising and marketing decision-makers say video spending will continue to grow and will play a dominant role in their 2014 digital marketing plans. Approximately 61% of marketers surveyed plan to use the channel as part of their strategies.
Cross-device spend is also set to grow substantially, with 59% of advertisers planning to invest in the channel.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 200 senior-level agency and brand decision-makers with digital budgets of at least $2 million.
- 73% of marketers surveyed say personalized one-to-one digital marketing is the future.
- However, marketers and agencies differ on the current effectiveness of personalization: 44% of marketers strongly agree that personalized messages are more effective than mass messages, compared with 30% of agency respondents.
- Nearly half of agencies surveyed (49%) and 33% of marketers say there are too many digital marketing vendors.
- The average number of vendor relationships in 2013 among those surveyed was 27.
Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
- Marketers with digital budgets of greater than $10 million expect to spend 45% of that money in 2014 via RTB.
- Not surprisingly, those larger brands also say RTB is a more important part of the digital mix: 38% rate RTB as "extremely important," compared with just 21% of brand marketers with less than $10 million to spend.
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey conducted between October 18 and November 4, 2013 among 200 senior level marketers and agency decision-makers with a minimum digital spend of $2 million in the previous 12 months.
Continue reading "Digital Marketing Trends: More Money Going to Proven Channels" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- These Three Experiential Tactics Lead to Better B2B Virtual Events
- Opportunity Out of Difficulty: Four Martech Trends to Follow in 2021
- CMO Predictions for 2021 [Infographic]
- MarketingProfs' Top 10 B2B Marketing Trends and Predictions for 2021
- How to Use Buyer Personas to Understand Your Customers in a Post-COVID World