The analysis found male consumers' increase in likelihood to purchase was 13.3% greater than that of female consumers, and households with incomes of $0-$100K were 7.1x more influenced than households with incomes greater than $100K.
Younger viewers were most influence by the ads, with consumers under the age of 18 showing a 37.1% increase in likelihood to purchase after watching the broadcast. Those 45-54 were least influenced.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from 37,440 consumers who shared how likely they were to purchase a product or service from a particular brand.
10 Most-Effective Brands
Hyundai had the largest percentage increase in likelihood to purchase from its ad (+39.5%).
Budweiser was second (+37.8%), followed by Jeep (+36.1%).
- 83.9% of brands that purchased one or more Super Bowl ad positively influenced consumers' likelihood to purchase their products or services.
- However, 16.1% of brands negatively influenced consumers' likelihood to purchase their products or services.
- Jaguar had the most significant decrease in likelihood of purchase after the broadcast, followed by Chevy, Chrysler, and CarMax.
About the research: The report was based on data from 37,440 US participants who used Internet-connected devices to share how likely they were to purchase a product or service from a particular brand. Surveys were completed by a control group prior to the airing of the Super Bowl and by the separate exposed group after they had watched the Super Bowl.
Continue reading "How Effective Are Super Bowl Ads?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- How to Use Interactive Ad Campaigns to Generate Leads
- Five Ways Digital Attribution Can Improve ROAS for CTV/OTT Advertising
- Seven Results-Driven Paid Strategies for B2B Marketing
- Global Spend Trends for Out-of-Home and Cinema Advertising
- Six Out-of-Home Advertising Tactics to Reach B2B Audiences
- Navigating Brand Response Advertising in 2022