Over two-thirds (68%) of B2B buyers say a vendor's address and contact information is critically important on a site and 55% indicate they’ll leave if it isn't available.
Moreover, 51% of buyers say having thorough contact/about information is the best way for a vendor's website to establish credibility.
Most of the B2B buyers surveyed (81%) say they like to contact vendors via email; telephone is the second choice (58%). Only 39% like to use a contact form, yet that is the most common option provided by vendors.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 175 B2B buyers.
'Must Have' Content
- After contact information, buyers say pricing is the most important content on a vendor website; 43% of respondents say it is a "must have."
- 38% say technical support information is key, and the same proportion say case studies, whitepapers, articles, and blog posts are essential.
- 90% of buyers want to see product/services information on vendors' homepages.
- Buyers also want to see about/company information (61%), marketing collateral (37%), and testimonials (36%).
- Fewer buyers look for social media buttons (24%) or links to a blog (22%).
Why Buyers Leave Sites
- Asked which website elements annoy them or cause them to click out of a page, most respondents (93%) cited video or audio that plays automatically.
- Buyers also do not like animated ads that crawl across the page or pop ups (88%), lack of message/can’t tell what a company offers (83%), and lack of contact information (79%).
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 175 B2B buyers conducted in October 2013.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Why Website Load Time Matters in 2020 [Infographic]
- Three Best-Practices to Align Web Development With SEO
- Median and Average Landing Page Conversion Rates for 16 Industries
- Your Guide to Incredible Landing Pages: 5 Must-Have Elements, 10 Great Examples, 5 Best-Practices
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve