Larger, Rising Star display ad formats introduced by the IAB in 2012 had a 70% higher click-through rate (CTR) than smaller traditional display formats, the analysis of more than 100 billion impressions delivered in 2013 found.
Moreover, Rising Star formats also had a significantly higher average interaction rate (1.98% vs. 1.08%) and video completion rate (53.44% vs. 44.77%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
CTR by Ad Type
- In-stream video ads delivered a 4.5x higher CTR on average compared with Flash ads, and a 2.7X higher CTR compared with rich media ads.
- Rich media ads with video had a 22% higher average click-through rate compared with rich media ads without video.
- Only 60.4% of the impressions analyzed in the report were deemed "viewable" by IAB standards.
- Viewability varied widely by vertical, with employment and sports publishers having the highest rate (72.6%) and community publishers the lowest (58.4%).
15-Second vs. 30-Second Video Ads
- 30-second video ads delivered 55% more clicks on average than 15-second video ads.
- 15-second videos had only a 6% higher completion rate on average than 30-second spots.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of more than 100 billion ad impressions delivered in 2013.
Continue reading "Digital Advertising Benchmarks: Performance Metrics by Format" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- How to Use Interactive Ad Campaigns to Generate Leads
- Five Ways Digital Attribution Can Improve ROAS for CTV/OTT Advertising
- Seven Results-Driven Paid Strategies for B2B Marketing
- Global Spend Trends for Out-of-Home and Cinema Advertising
- Six Out-of-Home Advertising Tactics to Reach B2B Audiences
- Navigating Brand Response Advertising in 2022