Other key qualities cited by hiring managers include the following: the ability to collaborate across departments/teams (64.6% say that's important), previous marketing experience (56.9%), a solid understanding of sales and marketing structure (44.8%), SEO experience (38.1%), and video production skills (10.5%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 522 manager-level (or higher) marketers.
- Considering the importance of writing and editing skills, it's not surprising that many firms hiring for content marketing positions seek candidates with English and journalism degrees (37.5% of respondents say it is the main major they look for).
- However, an equal number of respondents (37.5%) say they do not look for a particular degree but rather for some sort of content marketing experience.
83% of respondents say finding talent for content marketing roles is "somewhat difficult" or "difficult."
Where Companies Find Candidates
Most managers say they find candidates on LinkedIn (83.3%) or via referrals from colleagues (70.7%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 522 manager-level (or higher) marketers.
Continue reading "What Managers Look for in Content Marketing Hires" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Four Hiring Trends Marketing Managers Need to Know [Infographic]
- 2022 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- Working From Bed: The State of Home Workspaces in 2021
- The 5 Most Important Skills for the Future of Marketing
- How Emotional Intelligence Impacts Career Success [Infographic]