What are the top rated marketing automation products for small businesses, mid-market companies, and large enterprises?
In its Buyer's Guide to Marketing Automation Software, TrustRadius tackled that question by looking at 400 in-depth reviews from authenticated end-users of marketing automation products as well the results of over 10,000 comparisons performed on the company's website.
The analysis did not include products focused on a single aspect of marketing automation (e.g., just landing page management), but rather on multifaceted tools that "help to automate and scale repetitive marketing tasks and the analysis of those efforts." Most of the software suites examined have a range of capabilities for demand generation, including email campaign management, landing pages, and lead scoring.
Even though the software products examined have many of the same core offerings, each also has its own additional capabilities (such as SEO or e-commerce tools), so the results are meant to be broad indicators of sentiment rather than the the best match for every business.
Below, key findings from the report by market segment.
Small Businesses (1-50 Employees)
- Most marketing automation products are positively rated by small businesses (receiving at least a 4 out of 5 rating).
- The average user rating for marketing automation solutions in the small business segment is 4.3 out of 5, which is higher than the average in the midsize and enterprise segments.
TrustRadius ranked the products based on two factors: Average user rating and focus on serving each business segment (determined by the number of comparisons made by organizations of that size). By those criteria...
- HubSpot (4.8 rating, 69% of comparisons by small businesses), Act-On (4.7, 53%), and Infusionsoft (4.3, 96%), emerged as the top products for small businesses.
- Marketo, eTrigue, Pardot, Eloqua, and Silverpop were also all well-rated by consumers, but they were ranked lower because they had a smaller proportion of small business comparisons.
Mid-Size Companies (51-500 Employees)
- The average rating for marketing automation products in the midsize company segment is 3.9 out of 5 (versus 4.3 out of 5 for the small business segment). That pattern fits with an overall trend in the report: As companies get larger they generally have more complex requirements for their automation tools, leading to declining average ratings.
- Marketo (4.2 average user rating, 60% midsize focus) and Pardot (4.0, 58%) emerged as the top vendors in the midsize category.
- Act-On, Eloqua, and HubSpot all had high average user ratings, but the were ranked lower because a smaller proportion of comparisons came from midsize companies.
Large Enterprises (>500 Employees)
- The average rating for enterprise marketing automation products is 3.8 out of 5 (compared with 3.9 for midsize companies and 4.3 for small businesses).
- Eloqua emerged as the top marketing automation software for enterprises, with a 4.4 average user rating and 59% enterprise focus.
- Pardot, Marketo, Act-On, and HubSpot were all highly rated by customers, but they had a smaller proportion of comparisons from enterprise customers.
About the research: The report was based on 400 in-depth reviews by authenticated end-users of marketing automation products as well the results of over 10,000 comparisons performed on the TrustRadius' website.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget: Recession Strategies and Tips | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Navigating the Power of B2B Communication by Getting to the Point: Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Link Prospects' Personal and Business Data to Engage and Convert: The Awesome Power of B2B2C Linkage Data
- For AI-Driven B2B Customer Experiences, You'll Need These Four Strategic Investments
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges