When US moms were polled on what they'd like for the holiday, 44% said they want to spend extra time with their loved ones—the most popular gift option by a significant margin.
Gift cards were second, selected by 29% of moms (respondents could select more than one option). Flowers were the third most wanted gift (28%), followed by jewelry and dining out (26% each).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 3,171 US online shoppers.
What Moms Are Getting
- When consumers were asked what they plan to give their mother this year, flowers ranked as the top gift (37% of respondents).
- Family time and dining out were the second most popular choices (29% each).
- 25% consumers said they plan to spend $50-$99 on Mother’s Day gifts this year.
- 21% plan to spend around $100-$249, and 19% between $25-$49.
- 60% of consumers polled plan to purchase their Mother's Day gifts online.
- 27% of shoppers plan to purchase their gifts two weeks prior to Mother's Day, and 30% one week prior.
- When consumers were asked what type of retailer tactics would entice them to make a purchase this Mother's Day, free shipping topped the list (54% of respondents chose).
- Price cuts where the second most enticing tactic, picked by 45% of respondents (again, consumers could select more than one option).
About the research: The report was on data from a survey conducted in April of 3,171 US online shoppers.
Continue reading "What Do Moms Want for Mother's Day?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021