Other factors seen as major hindrances to marketing automation success include budget limitations (44% of marketers cite as a challenging obstacle), lack of skilled staff (40%), insufficient data quality (34%), lack of management buy-in (23%), and the difficult-to-use interfaces of marketing automation software tools (22%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 291 global marketing, sales, and business professionals.
Satisfaction and Goals
- 69% of respondents say their current marketing automation efforts are somewhat successful; 24% say they are very successful; and 7% say they are not successful.
- 45% say improving productivity is one of their top goals for marketing automation; 44% say increasing sales revenue is a top goal.
Resources and Tools
- 52% of respondents say their company handles all of its marketing automation efforts in-house; 41% use a combo of in-house and outsourced resources; 7% fully outsource.
- 41% say the quality of analytics and reporting tools is a top factor in choosing a marketing automation system; 40% say ease of use as a top factor; 34% look for an all-in-one solution.
- 57% of respondents say knowing the rate at which leads are converted is one of the most useful metrics to measure marketing automation performance
- 42% say revenue generated is a key metric, and 40% cite lead generation ROI.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 291 global marketing, sales, and business professionals.
Continue reading "2014 Marketing Automation Benchmarks and Trends" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Five Tips for Creating a Successful B2B Marketing Campaign
- Are You Making the Right B2B Martech Investments to Optimize for Agile Methods?
- Creating a Better Audience Experience: Oli Gardner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Senior Marketers Set Their Budgets
- Four Ways to Reduce Churn and Create a Companywide Culture of Customer Success