Other factors seen as major hindrances to marketing automation success include budget limitations (44% of marketers cite as a challenging obstacle), lack of skilled staff (40%), insufficient data quality (34%), lack of management buy-in (23%), and the difficult-to-use interfaces of marketing automation software tools (22%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 291 global marketing, sales, and business professionals.
Satisfaction and Goals
- 69% of respondents say their current marketing automation efforts are somewhat successful; 24% say they are very successful; and 7% say they are not successful.
- 45% say improving productivity is one of their top goals for marketing automation; 44% say increasing sales revenue is a top goal.
Resources and Tools
- 52% of respondents say their company handles all of its marketing automation efforts in-house; 41% use a combo of in-house and outsourced resources; 7% fully outsource.
- 41% say the quality of analytics and reporting tools is a top factor in choosing a marketing automation system; 40% say ease of use as a top factor; 34% look for an all-in-one solution.
- 57% of respondents say knowing the rate at which leads are converted is one of the most useful metrics to measure marketing automation performance
- 42% say revenue generated is a key metric, and 40% cite lead generation ROI.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 291 global marketing, sales, and business professionals.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 10 Biggest Emerging Global Risks According to Experts