The report was based on data from a survey of hundreds of local affiliates—dealers, agents, and franchisees—of companies in the United States across a range of industries.
Overall, coupons remain the most employed tactic by respondents (83% say they use the tactic), followed by direct mail (81%) and local events (79%).
Local event marketing is the tactic with the highest satisfaction rate (80% of businesses that employ it are satisfied), followed by coupons (77%).
Email is the fourth most used and third most well-liked digital channel (72% use; 76% are satisfied).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- Respondents say traditional media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, yellow pages, coupons, and billboards) continue to play a significant role in their marketing strategies.
- Newspapers and radio receive the largest share of spend on traditional media (15% and 12% of total marketing spend this year, respectively).
- Coupons and billboards get the highest marks among traditional media for effectiveness (with ratings of 118 and 111, respectively, on the report's satisfaction index, with 100 being the the average satisfaction for all media tactics).
- Marketing via websites is the most used digital tactic after email, although 28% of local affiliate respondents say they still do not have their own separate site.
- Respondents who do not use various digital tactics overwhelmingly say they are hesitant because these channels are "too complicated or time-consuming."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of hundreds of local affiliates—dealers, agents, and franchisees—of companies in the United States across a range of industries.
Continue reading "The Most Used (and Liked) Marketing Tactics by Local Affiliates" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Four Benchmarks of an Agency's Life Cycle—And How to Profit From Them
- How to Spark Customer Delight in Unexpected Places
- 15 Data Fallacies to Avoid [Infographic]
- What Will a Cookieless Future Look Like Five Years On?
- How Cookie Loss Is Affecting Enterprise Marketing Strategies
- How Superior Product Experiences Can Fuel Exceptional Customer Experiences: Three Considerations