Technology marketers are increasingly focused on one-sided content tactics even though IT buyers remain heavily dependent on community-driven information to make purchasing decisions, according to a recent report from Spiceworks.
The report was based on data from a survey of 136 tech marketers and 450 IT buyers from a range of company sizes and countries.
Most marketers surveyed say they are trying to connect with potential customers using tactics such as social media (95% use) and case studies (87%). However, though buyers do engage with those channels, they say they are more reliant on peer recommendations (97%) and IT forums (92%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Peer Recommendations and Ratings
- 82% of the IT buyers surveyed seek out information from peers during the initial research/awareness phase of the purchase process, and 79% do so when considering particular vendors.
- 80% of buyers look for ratings/reviews online from peers during the research/awareness phase, and 79% do so when considering particular vendors.
- IT buyers say they do use some content marketing assets to research new products as well as to determine which vendors to consider.
- After vendor websites, which are accessed by 97% of buyers, the most popular content types with IT pros are webinars (79% of respondents use) and videos (76%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 136 tech marketers and 450 IT buyers from various company sizes and countries (71% based in North America; 24%, EMEA; 5%, APAC).
Continue reading "The Disconnect Between Marketers and IT Buyers" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021
- This Is Your Brain on Marketing: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]