Email ranks second, with 71% of B2B marketers saying it was effective in helping to achieve marketing goals in 2014.
Search engine optimization is the only other digital channel rated as effective by more than half (54%) of the B2B marketers surveyed.
Some 57% of B2B marketers say they plan to invest more budget in SEO in 2015, and 54% say they plan to spend more on social media this year.
B2B marketers are not convinced of the effectiveness of a number of mobile tactics, with 40% planning to decrease spend this year on QR codes and mobile messaging:
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 351 B2B senior marketing executives and business leaders from around the world.
Events are viewed as effective by 84% of B2B marketers, but no other offline channel is considered effective by more than one-fourth of respondents:
Some 70% of B2B marketers surveyed say website content was effective in helping them achieve their goals last year.
webinars (58%) and case studies (51%) are also considered effective by more than half of the B2B marketers surveyed.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 351 B2B senior marketing executives and business leaders from around the world.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- How Marketers Can Use Identity Graphs to Understand Their Customers Better
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment