The report was based on an analysis of over 5 million online conversations about 200 top global B2B companies. The researchers looked at mentions on social networks as well as on news sites, forums, and blogs.
IBM is the most mentioned B2B brand online in most places. However, it is not the top mentioned company in every country. For example, oil-rich countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates, talk most about energy brands, such as ExxonMobil, BP, and Chevron.
In the United States, IBM is the clear leader, dominating B2B chatter online in 26 states; however, other companies, such as Oracle, Rolls Royce, and Cisco, come out on top in a few states.
Business software companies get the most mentions online, followed by aerospace firms.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of over 5 million online conversations about 200 top global B2B companies. The researchers looked at mentions on top social networks as well as on news sites, forums, and blogs.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Why You Need a Brand Style Guide (Even If you Think You Don't)
- Eight Steps to Ensure Brand Safety With Influencer Marketing
- Three Online Community Management Challenges B2B Brands Face
- Nine Rebranding Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
- How the Barbie Movie's Marketing Genius Can Inspire Your Podcast—and Your Own Marketing
- The What, Why, and How of Community- and Brand-Building for B2B Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show