The report was based on data from an April 2015 survey of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Some 21% of moms would like to receive a massage or spa day for Mother's Day; flowers and a nice meal are the next most-liked gift options (20% each), followed by gift cards (17%), jewelry (14%), and electronics (8%).
Additional findings from the report include the following:
- US adults surveyed plan to spend $120 each, on average, on Mother's Day.
- Women plan to spend about $116, on average, whereas men plan to spend $127.
- People age of 25-34 plan to spend more than any other age group (11% above average).
- People age 45-54 will spend more than any other age group on dinner (8% above average).
- Most US adults surveyed (62%) say they plan to buy flowers for Mother's Day. More men than women (66% vs.58%) plan to buy flowers.
Check out the infographic for more insights:
About the research: The report was based on data from survey conducted in April 2015 of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How Attitudes Toward AI Vary Among Countries and Demographics
- Closing the Loop: How to Deliver Personalized CX at Scale, Even Across Channels
- B2B Marketers, the Customer Journey, and Sales | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How B2B Marketers Can Leverage Voice of Customer for Business Growth | Marketing Smarts Live Show