The report was based on an analysis of the Twitter accounts of the 622 companies listed on the NYSE.
Hootsuite (@Hootsuite) is followed by 257 of the 622 companies, the analysis found.
The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) is the most popular media account (followed by 255 companies), ahead of the New York Times (@NYTimes), which is followed by 215 companies.
The Street’s Jim Cramer (@JimCramer) is the most popular journalist with NYSE companies on Twitter (followed by 76 companies), ahead of Yahoo’s Tech columnist David Pogue (@Pogue). MarketingProfs' own Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs) is third.
Starbucks (@Starbucks), Google (@Google), Home Depot (@HomeDepot), Whole Foods (@WholeFoods), and GE (@GeneralElectric) are among the most popular companies followed by the NYSE-listed companies.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the Twitter accounts of the 622 NYSE-listed companies.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful
- The History of Reddit: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Three Social Media PR Tips for Driving B2B Brand Visibility
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections | Marketing Smarts Live Show