The report was based on data from of a survey of more than 1,400 US consumers conducted in late 2014. Respondents were polled on their preferences for making purchases online as well as their thoughts on future trends.
Some 28% of respondents say they shop online at least once per week, a 27% increase from a year ago.
Amazon is the most popular online retailer, with 96% of consumers polled saying they have made a purchase on the e-commerce giant’s website in the past year.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Willingness to Purchase Online
- 40% of US consumers say they would purchase any sort of product online.
- 36% say they would not purchase food/grocery items from a third-party online site such as Amazon; 32% say they would not purchase luxury goods from a third-party site.
Incentives to Shop Online
- 83% of respondents say free shipping makes them more likely to shop online.
- 65% say free returns is an effective incentive.
- 35% of respondents say they would shop more online if they were able to try products virtually.
- 80% of consumers would be willing to pay extra for drone delivery if their order arrived within an hour.
- 66% of respondents think they will receive their first drone-delivered package in the next five years.
About the research: The report was based on data from of a survey of more than 1,400 US consumers conducted in late 2014.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- What Makes B2B Tech Buyers Distrust Brands?
- The Availability Heuristic, Sharks, and Your Marketing
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show