What percentage of webinar registrants actually attend on average? Which days and times are most popular for conducting events? How long do people tend to watch for? Are most webinars interactive?
ON24 recently set out to answer these questions by examining 9,375 webinars conducted on its platform between January and December 2014. The researchers looked at the entire lifecycle of each webinar, including promotion and registration, interactivity, audience viewing habits, and both live and on-demand data. The webinars examined were conducted by 500+ organizations, ranging in size from SMBs to enterprises.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 31% of webinar registrants register 1-7 days before the event on average; 24% register the day of the event on average.
- 43% of webinar registrants attend event on average; training webinars tend to have a higher attendance rate compared with other types of webinars.
- The most attended webinars of those examined were held on Wednesdays (28% of all participants) and Thursdays (28%); Saturday and Sunday were the least popular days to attend webinars (1%).
- 24% of webinar participants joined events scheduled for 11 AM PST; 18% joined events scheduled for 10AM PST.
Participants watch a one hour live webinar for 56 minutes on average; viewers watch a one hour on-demand webinar for 29 minutes on average.
- 82% of the webinars examined included Q&A time.
- 35% of the webinars examined integrated social media applications and 24% including polling.
About the research: The report was based on data from 9,375 webinars conducted on ON24's platform between January and December 2014.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Do Most B2B Marketers Gate Content?
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations