The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71%, B2B-focused; 29%, B2C).
Some 72% of respondents say content creation is one of the most effective SEO tactics they employ; other top tactics are keyword/phrase research (48% cite), frequent website updating (34%), and relevant link building (33%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Challenging Tactics
- 52% of respondents say relevant link-building is one of the most difficult SEO tactics they employ.
- 46% say relevant content creation is one of the most difficult tactics.
Most Useful Metrics
- 54% of respondents say website traffic is one of the most useful metrics for measuring SEO performance.
- 50% say leads generated is one of the most useful metrics.
- 40% of respondents say changing search algorithms is one of the biggest obstacles to SEO success.
- 38% say budget constraints is one of the biggest obstacles.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71% B2B-focused; 29% B2C)
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]