Marketers say creating relevant content is the most effective search engine optimization tactic they employ, according to a recent report from Ascend2.
The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71%, B2B-focused; 29%, B2C).
Some 72% of respondents say content creation is one of the most effective SEO tactics they employ; other top tactics are keyword/phrase research (48% cite), frequent website updating (34%), and relevant link building (33%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Challenging Tactics
- 52% of respondents say relevant link-building is one of the most difficult SEO tactics they employ.
- 46% say relevant content creation is one of the most difficult tactics.
Most Useful Metrics
- 54% of respondents say website traffic is one of the most useful metrics for measuring SEO performance.
- 50% say leads generated is one of the most useful metrics.
- 40% of respondents say changing search algorithms is one of the biggest obstacles to SEO success.
- 38% say budget constraints is one of the biggest obstacles.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71% B2B-focused; 29% B2C)
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Search Engine Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Color Wheel Theory: Your New SEO Content Framework
- How Search Changed Last Year [Infographic]
- How Author Authority Affects Search Rankings
- SEO, Backlinks, and BEO: Three Pillars for Stronger PR and Brand Awareness
- How AI Will Affect Delivering Relevant Search Results
- Five Tips to Improve SEO Using Stock Images and Videos