The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71%, B2B-focused; 29%, B2C).
Some 72% of respondents say content creation is one of the most effective SEO tactics they employ; other top tactics are keyword/phrase research (48% cite), frequent website updating (34%), and relevant link building (33%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Challenging Tactics
- 52% of respondents say relevant link-building is one of the most difficult SEO tactics they employ.
- 46% say relevant content creation is one of the most difficult tactics.
Most Useful Metrics
- 54% of respondents say website traffic is one of the most useful metrics for measuring SEO performance.
- 50% say leads generated is one of the most useful metrics.
- 40% of respondents say changing search algorithms is one of the biggest obstacles to SEO success.
- 38% say budget constraints is one of the biggest obstacles.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71% B2B-focused; 29% B2C)
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.