The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71%, B2B-focused; 29%, B2C).
Some 72% of respondents say content creation is one of the most effective SEO tactics they employ; other top tactics are keyword/phrase research (48% cite), frequent website updating (34%), and relevant link building (33%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Challenging Tactics
- 52% of respondents say relevant link-building is one of the most difficult SEO tactics they employ.
- 46% say relevant content creation is one of the most difficult tactics.
Most Useful Metrics
- 54% of respondents say website traffic is one of the most useful metrics for measuring SEO performance.
- 50% say leads generated is one of the most useful metrics.
- 40% of respondents say changing search algorithms is one of the biggest obstacles to SEO success.
- 38% say budget constraints is one of the biggest obstacles.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 286 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world (71% B2B-focused; 29% B2C)
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Unlock the Power of Your SEO: A Beginner's Guide to Measuring Success
- ChatGPT vs. Bard: The Future of Google's Search Dominance
- Unleashing the Power of Pillar-Based Marketing: Ryan Brock on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Healthcare SEO Trends for 2023: AI to the Rescue?
- The Top AI Tools by Search Volume and User Rating