The report was based on data from a July 2015 survey of 300 professionals from around the world (80% working at B2B-focused companies; 20%, B2C).
Some 48% of respondents say email is among the most effective tactics they use to generate sales leads; creating websites/landing pages ranked second (cited by 44% of respondents), followed by content marketing (43%) and search engine optimization (37%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Difficult Tactics
Content marketing ranks as the hardest online lead generation tactic, with 43% of respondents citing as being among the most difficult.
Nearly half (49%) of respondents say qualified leads generated is one of the most useful metrics they use to judge the success of their online lead generation efforts.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July 2015 of 300 professionals from around the world (80% working at B2B-focused companies; 20% B2C).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- The Top Challenges B2B Sales Reps Face Early in the Sales Cycle
- Five Ways Marketing Can Support the Sales Process to Maximize Growth
- It's 2022: Do You Know Where Your Sales Reps Are?
- [Video] How to Use Neuroscience to Increase Your Demand Gen Success Threefold
- How Well Do B2B Firms Handle Routing Sales Leads?
- How to Conquer Remote Selling Challenges and Reach the Top of the Leaderboard