The report was based on data from a survey of 3,000 people in the United States and United Kingdom. Respondents were shown the logos of 100 top global brands, then asked to name and describe the ones they found most memorable.
Nike is the most memorable of the logos examined (16% of respondents cited it), followed by Apple (15.6%), McDonald's (11.1%), and Coca-Cola (9.7%):
There was some variation in the answers of US and UK respondents; however, the top four memorable logos were the same, though in a different order:
Consumers are more likely to ascribe positive attributes such as trust, respect, and reliability to logos they are familiar with.
In contrast, consumers are more likely to ascribe negative attributes such as pretentiousness, tackiness, and being boring to logos they are unfamiliar with:
About the report: The report was based on data from a survey of 3,000 people in the United States and United Kingdom.
Continue reading "The 10 Most Memorable Brand Logos" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Rebranding: Five Steps to Building a Story of Evolution and Growth
- Why Marketers Should Build Consumer Trust Through Product Data
- Building a Standout Brand Goes Way Beyond Your Logo: Nick Westergaard on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Reputations of the 100 Most Visible Corporations
- 'Be a Quitter Like Me'—Stories, Connections & Books: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]