The report was based on data from an annual survey of nearly 300 brands, agencies, and publishers.
Nine in ten ad buyers say they are are shifting spend from linear TV to digital channels, with 10% of television budgets being reallocated on average.
Some 88% of marketers who are moving TV dollars toward digital channels say they are shifting that ad spend to some form of video, such as desktop, mobile, or over-the-top (OTT).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Digital Video Ad Types
Buyers, agencies, and brands are all most optimistic about the growth of mobile video advertising, with more than 60% of respondents in all three groups expecting budget increases.
Buyers say the biggest challenges with mobile video advertising are attribution/measurement (55% cite as an issue) and cross-device targeting (50%).
Programmatic Ad Buying
Some 27% of brands surveyed say they have already implemented in-house programmatic ad buying; 42% plan to do so in the next year.
About the research: The report was based on data from an annual survey of nearly 300 brands, agencies, and publishers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24