What are the main opportunities and challenges facing national and global brands that sell through distributed networks of local affiliates? How are co-op dollars being spent? Are marketing tactics being integrated?
To find out, Brandmuscle surveyed 860 local affiliates (franchisees, dealers, agents, distributors, channel partners, etc.) and analyzed millions of dollars worth of co-op investments.
Overall, most local affiliates have small budgets and little time for marketing, the analysis found.
More than half of the local affiliates surveyed say they devote less than 20% of their time to marketing, and 48% say they spend less than $5,000 on marketing annually.
Local event marketing is the most used tactic type by affiliates (76% employ it); it also receives the highest satisfaction scores. Digital marketing is the second most liked tactic type.
Some 64% of co-op spend from brands is still going to traditional channels despite affiliates' higher satisfaction with local events and digital tactics, the analysis found.
Some 62% of local affiliates say they conducted a campaign last year using more than one marketing channel. The most commonly integrated tactics are direct mail, Facebook, and email.
For more insights from the analysis check out the infographic below as well as the full report.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 860 local affiliates as well as an analysis of millions of dollars worth of co-op investments.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Product Line Strategy: Five Approaches
- How to Build a Successful Go-to-Market Campaign Plan: Pam Didner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Small Business Owners Are Using AI [Infographic]
- The Marketing Growth Triad: Data, Tech, and Creativity