The volume of online searches related to Valentine's Day gifts starts to rise slowly at the end of January and spikes during the first two weeks of February, according to a recent report from Bing.
Searches related to Valentine's Day gifts begin to rise the last week of January and hit their peak the week of the holiday, the analysis found.
Some 40% of Bing Valentine’s searches include "gift" as a keyword.
The most popular generic gift categories (excluding brand names) searched for are jewelry, gift cards, and flowers.
About the research: The report was based on internal Microsoft Bing data for January and February 2015. The researchers examined volume and keyword data from Bing Ads, the company's paid search product.
Continue reading "Valentine's Day Online Search Trends: Most Popular Gifts and Dates" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- SEO, Sleeping Outside, and Super Tuscan Wine: Wil Reynolds on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Eight SEO Strategies to Consider for 2022 [Infographic]
- The Most Important Search Ranking Factors According to SEO Experts
- Social Media vs. SEO: 9 Key Differences Between the Tactics [Infographic]
- SEO Expert Survey: Traffic, Budget, and Time Trends