The volume of online searches related to Valentine's Day gifts starts to rise slowly at the end of January and spikes during the first two weeks of February, according to a recent report from Bing.
Searches related to Valentine's Day gifts begin to rise the last week of January and hit their peak the week of the holiday, the analysis found.
Some 40% of Bing Valentine’s searches include "gift" as a keyword.
The most popular generic gift categories (excluding brand names) searched for are jewelry, gift cards, and flowers.
About the research: The report was based on internal Microsoft Bing data for January and February 2015. The researchers examined volume and keyword data from Bing Ads, the company's paid search product.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022
- 10 Important Google Search Algorithm Updates From 2021 [Infographic]