What's the average length of a brand blog post? How many shares do blog pieces tend get on social media? Do post length and engagement differ between B2B and B2C companies?
To find out, Hubspot analyzed data from 175,000 blog posts published via its platform; 49,952 on B2C customer sites and 124,876 on B2B customer sites.
Blog posts published by B2B brands and B2C brands tend to be similar in length, between 550 and 600 words, the analysis found.
For the B2B posts examined, the median number of words was 545 and the average was 601.
For the B2C posts examined, the median number of words was 556 words and the average was 610 words.
There is no correlation between the length of a blog post and the number of social shares it receives, the analysis found.
B2C posts get 114 social shares on average, compared with 68.5 social shares on average for B2B posts.
However, when looking at the median, rather than the average, B2B brands actually get more engagement on social media per post (22 shares) than B2C brands (17).
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis of 175,000 articles published via the Hubspot platform; 49,952 on B2C customer sites and 124,876 on B2B customer sites.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Thought Leadership Content: Emphasize Experience (Or Pay the Google Penalty)
- Unlocking the Secrets of 'Ridiculously Good Content' | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Publications Don't Want Your AI-Generated Content
- Maximizing Your Reach—Key Concerns in Promoting and Amplifying Your Content: James Tennant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Art of Interviewing: Four Tips for Conducting Engaging Podcast and Radio Interviews