How do digital agencies charge clients for work? Which employees are paid the most? How long do projects tend to take?
To find out the answers to those questions and others, Kentico and Millward Brown surveyed 300 senior managers and directors at digital agencies of various sizes located in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, the Czech Republic, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
Below, key findings from the report.
Digital agencies say they undertook 42 projects, on average, in 2015.
Projects took four months to complete, on average, in the United States and the United Kingdom. In Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg (Benelux), projects took seven months to complete, on average.
Some 26% of agencies in the United States and 40% in the United Kingdom say projects normally take longer than estimated to complete.
Some 75% of agencies say they often charge by total project cost; 50% often charge an hourly rate.
Agencies say UX and graphic designers are their highest-paid frontline workers ($35 per hour, on average).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 300 senior managers and directors at digital agencies of various sizes located in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, the Czech Republic, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Sales and Marketing Alignment Insights, Strategies, and Success Indicators: Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Choosing the Right Customer Data Platform: A Guide
- The State of AI and Automation in Marketing Operations [Infographic]
- Reduce Friction With a Yearend Marketing Road Map for Smooth Sailing in 2024
- Decoding Effective Communication and Understanding Impactful Connection: Jason Harris on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Build a Great Marketing Team in 2023 | Marketing Smarts Live Show