The report was based on March 2016 US data from SEMrush's database of more than 80 million keywords.
The researchers looked at the average price paid per click and removed terms with a competition score of less than 0.3.
The most expensive Google AdWords keyword combination is "best mesothelioma lawyer" ($935.71). Mesothelioma is a cancerous tumor that is at the center of many asbestos-related lawsuits.
Terms related to lawyers or lawsuits account for 78% of the top 100 most expensive terms, and nine of the top 10.
About the research: The report was based on March 2016 US data from SEMrush's database of more than 80 million keywords.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022