What is the average annual salary of a content marketing job? Which skills are most in demand? What levels of education and experience do companies want?
To find out, Fractl examined all of the job listings present on Indeed.com between May 3 and May 6, 2016 that included the phrase "content marketing." The researchers analyzed the dataset (3,335 unique listings) to determine starting salaries as well as skill, educational, and experience requirements.
Below, key findings from the report.
Job listings that include the term "content marketing" have an average annual salary of $74,000, the analysis found. That compares with an average annual salary of $61,000 for general marketing jobs.
Some 51% of the content marketing job listings examined require a mix of creative and technical skills; 26% are exclusively creative, and 23% are purely technical.
Education and Experience
Most (67%) senior content marketing roles do not require applicants to have graduate-level degrees.
Work history appears to be much more important than education to employers; 78% of senior roles require at least 5 years of experience in the field.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of the job listings present on Indeed.com between May 3 to May 6, 2016 that included the phrase "content marketing."
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Why Employees Are Hesitant to Ask for a Raise [Infographic]
- The Power of Second Chances in B2B Marketing: Kellie Walenciak on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How CMOs Can Use AI to Make Career-Changing, Strategic Business Impact
- How Well Do Senior Marketers Understand AI?
- The 20 Companies That Produce the Most CEOs [Infographic]
- Are Businesses Planning to Give Their Employees Raises in 2024?