The report was based on data from a survey conducted between May 31 and June 9, 2016 of 150 Internet retailers who are part of the Campaigner customer base.
Some 19% of respondents say they send a welcome email after the first 24 hours but within a week; an additional 12% send a welcome email within a month. Only 7% of e-commerce marketers say they do not send a welcome email to new subscribers.
The most common methods for getting consumers to join email lists are offering news/content (55% of respondents say they do so), offering regular promotions (49%), offering a discount on the current purchase (23%), and offering a discount on a future purchase (23%).
Check out the infographic for more key insights from the report:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between May 31 and June 9, 2016 of 150 Internet retailers who are part of the Campaigner customer base.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?
- Picking the Right Email Sender Name: Brand or Person?
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges