The report was based on a survey of 183 B2B marketing professionals from 101 organizations. Respondents were polled on their goals and challenges with marketing data management (the analysis, cleansing, enhancement, and unification of information).
Some 72% of B2B marketers say improving ROI measurability is a top goal of their marketing data management strategy.
Other important objectives are improving data quality (65% cite it as a goal), increasing data use/accessibility (63%), and improving database integration (29%).
B2B marketers say their top data management challenges are poor use/accessibility (54% cite it as an issue), poor data quality (44%), a lack of ROI measurability (40%), and poor database integration (37%).
Respondents say the most effective uses of marketing data are campaign targeting (62% cite), content personalization (51%), and sales attribution (43%).
About the research: The report was based on a survey of 183 B2B marketing professionals from 101 organizations.
Continue reading "B2B Data Management: Marketers' Top Goals and Challenges" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- B2B Buyers Are Back: Three Ways Your Marketing Team Can Profit
- Five Reasons Marketing Orchestration, Powered by the Right Tech Stack, Is Critical to Your Strategy Execution
- Campaign Expansion in 2021 Requires B2B Marketing Agencies and PR Firms to Keep Pace With New Market Demands
- Best-Practices for Reaching and Marketing to the C-Suite Audience
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021