The report was based on anonymous data collected via SEMrush's Site Audit tool on 100,000 websites and 450 million pages.
Some 50% of the websites examined had duplicate content.
Other common serious search engine optimization issues include duplicate title tags (present on 35% of sites examined), broken internal links (35%), duplicate meta descriptions (30%), and broken external links (25%).
Check out the infographic for more findings from the report:
About the research: The report was based on anonymous data collected via SEMrush’s Site Audit tool on 100,000 websites and 450 million pages.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022