The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
The researchers manually examined the sales and digital marketing tactics of the top 50 companies to identify best-practices.
The top three fastest-growing B2B companies are Upwork, WeWork, and Slack, the analysis found.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 80% (40 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies have a blog or other online publication (or both).
- 44% of the companies examined offer downloadable content such as e-books and whitepapers.
- 28% of the fastest-growing B2B companies gate their downloadable content by requiring the filing out of a form; 16% do not gate their content.
- 22% (11 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies include a live chat widget on their website.
- 8 of the 11 companies using live chat include the widget on their homepage; the other 3 have it appear on their pricing or contact form.
- 36% of the companies examined offer free trials or "freemium" versions of their products/services.
- 40% make their pricing public.
- 62% of the websites of the fastest-growing B2B companies have primary calls to action (CTAs) directing visitors to their products/services; 38% have primary CTAs directing people to talk to a salesperson.
About the research: The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
Continue reading "What Marketers Can Learn From the 50 Fastest-Growing B2B Companies" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs resources related to Marketing Strategy.
B2B marketers know they have to treat leads as more than a name on a list, but that can be difficult when conducting ABM at scale. Here are four ways to use automation for ABM.
Forget about any data or trends before March 2020, argues speaker and author Mark Schaefer. The business world has fundamentally changed, and the winners are companies that can make a personal connection by showing up human.
An omnichannel ABM approach is now considered the most efficient B2B marketing strategy, resulting in higher win rates, shorter sales cycles, and bigger deals. Here's how to make it work for you.
Where do you start when crafting your organization's CX? It helps to know what errors other companies are making. This article outlines three of the most costly mistakes.
In the digital age, it's vital that marketing be highly adaptable. But focusing too much on reactive marketing can throw your plans out of control. Here's how to find the balance between the two.
Is there even a "normal" to go back in 2022? For B2B marketing, likely not, because digitization and changes in customer expectations are here to stay.