The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
The researchers manually examined the sales and digital marketing tactics of the top 50 companies to identify best-practices.
The top three fastest-growing B2B companies are Upwork, WeWork, and Slack, the analysis found.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 80% (40 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies have a blog or other online publication (or both).
- 44% of the companies examined offer downloadable content such as e-books and whitepapers.
- 28% of the fastest-growing B2B companies gate their downloadable content by requiring the filing out of a form; 16% do not gate their content.
- 22% (11 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies include a live chat widget on their website.
- 8 of the 11 companies using live chat include the widget on their homepage; the other 3 have it appear on their pricing or contact form.
- 36% of the companies examined offer free trials or "freemium" versions of their products/services.
- 40% make their pricing public.
- 62% of the websites of the fastest-growing B2B companies have primary calls to action (CTAs) directing visitors to their products/services; 38% have primary CTAs directing people to talk to a salesperson.
About the research: The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- How Direct Mail Can Cut Through the Pandemic Marketing Clutter (And How to Obtain Those Valuable Home Addresses)
- Marry Brand and Demand to Unleash the Full Power of Personalization in ABM
- The Information Sources B2B Tech Buyers Most Rely On
- Seven Things Ruining Your B2B Marketing Budget—And How to Fix Them
- COVID-19's Impact on B2B Martech Budgets