The 50 fastest-growing B2B companies are investing in blogs, downloadable content, and live chat, according to a recent report from Drift and Mattermark.
The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
The researchers manually examined the sales and digital marketing tactics of the top 50 companies to identify best-practices.
The top three fastest-growing B2B companies are Upwork, WeWork, and Slack, the analysis found.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 80% (40 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies have a blog or other online publication (or both).
- 44% of the companies examined offer downloadable content such as e-books and whitepapers.
- 28% of the fastest-growing B2B companies gate their downloadable content by requiring the filing out of a form; 16% do not gate their content.
- 22% (11 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies include a live chat widget on their website.
- 8 of the 11 companies using live chat include the widget on their homepage; the other 3 have it appear on their pricing or contact form.
- 36% of the companies examined offer free trials or "freemium" versions of their products/services.
- 40% make their pricing public.
- 62% of the websites of the fastest-growing B2B companies have primary calls to action (CTAs) directing visitors to their products/services; 38% have primary CTAs directing people to talk to a salesperson.
About the research: The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- A Beginner's Guide to Using GIFs in Marketing
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster? Chris Carr on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Six Ways to Unlock Web3 for B2B Marketers
- Why Marketing Needs to Cultivate Conversation and Community: Revisiting 'The Cluetrain Manifesto'
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]