The report was based on data from a survey of 123 marketers and salespeople who work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries.
Less than 20% of Marketing respondents say Sales follows up on 95%+ of the leads delivered by Marketing.
However, Sales respondents say they are doing a much better job.
Some 50% of salespeople surveyed say 95%+ of the leads they receive from Marketing are followed up on.
When it comes to Marketing supporting Sales efforts, B2B marketers are pretty hard on themselves.
Just 20% of marketers fully agree that they do a superb job of supporting Sales, whereas 51% of salespeople fully agree that Marketing does a superb supporting Sales.
Some 58% of B2B salespeople say they are rewarded for supporting their company's marketing efforts, whereas only 18% of B2B marketers say their Sales team is rewarded for supporting Marketing.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 123 marketers and salespeople who work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- Selling in a Recession: Challenges and Training Opportunities
- Mastering Account Penetration: Four Essential Tactics for Sales Success
- B2B Revenue Marketing and Closing the Credibility Gap | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Crafting a Dynamic Go-to-Market Campaign Plan | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]