The report was based on data from a survey of 123 marketers and salespeople who work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries.
Less than 20% of Marketing respondents say Sales follows up on 95%+ of the leads delivered by Marketing.
However, Sales respondents say they are doing a much better job.
Some 50% of salespeople surveyed say 95%+ of the leads they receive from Marketing are followed up on.
When it comes to Marketing supporting Sales efforts, B2B marketers are pretty hard on themselves.
Just 20% of marketers fully agree that they do a superb job of supporting Sales, whereas 51% of salespeople fully agree that Marketing does a superb supporting Sales.
Some 58% of B2B salespeople say they are rewarded for supporting their company's marketing efforts, whereas only 18% of B2B marketers say their Sales team is rewarded for supporting Marketing.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 123 marketers and salespeople who work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- The Top Challenges B2B Sales Reps Face Early in the Sales Cycle
- Five Ways Marketing Can Support the Sales Process to Maximize Growth
- It's 2022: Do You Know Where Your Sales Reps Are?
- [Video] How to Use Neuroscience to Increase Your Demand Gen Success Threefold
- How Well Do B2B Firms Handle Routing Sales Leads?
- How to Conquer Remote Selling Challenges and Reach the Top of the Leaderboard