The report was based on data from 80,000 ratings of companies by US consumers in 1Q16. The researchers assigned each firm a RepTrack score of between one and 100 (100 being perfect) based on how the company was rated in seven areas: performance, products/services, innovation, workplace environment, corporate governance, citizenship, and leadership.
Amazon was given the highest score (85.4) of any technology company, as well as the highest score of any firm in any industry; Samsung ranked second, followed by Intel, VMware, Toshiba, Oracle, HP, Alphabet (Google's parent company), Microsoft, and IBM.
Apple ranked outside the top ten firms because consumers said they like its products but were unsure about its workplace culture, corporate governance, and good citizenship efforts.
About the research: The report was based on data from 80,000 ratings of companies by US consumers in 1Q16.
Continue reading "The 10 Tech Companies With the Best Reputations" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Adapting Brands and Thought Leadership: Afiya Addison of the B2B Institute at LinkedIn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why Honesty and Integrity Pay: The Benefits of Truth-Based Marketing
- Top 5 Sentiment Analysis Tools
- Listening to Customers, Discovering Your Why, What, and How: Zendesk's Lisa Kant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World's Top 10 'Brand Guardian,' Most Famous, and Most Reputable CEOs