The report was based on data from 50 global premium online publishers and broadcasters collected between February 2015 and April 2016.
Some 33% of video ads served on the sites examined were mid-rolls in April 2016, up from 19% in February 2015.
Pre-roll remains the most popular video ad format, though its share dropped from 75% of all video ads served in March 2015 to 60% in April 2016.
Post-roll accounted for 7% of all video ads served in April 2016.
About the research: The report was based on data from 50 global premium online publishers and broadcasters collected between February 2015 and April 2016.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Love, Hate, or Indifferent? How People Feel About 6 Common Ad Formats
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead