The report was based on an analysis of US Google desktop text ad spend on 70 Cyber Monday-specific keywords in 4Q15.
Some 86% of spend on Cyber Monday keywords in 2015 occurred in the month leading up to the date (November 30).
The period between Thanksgiving and the Sunday before Cyber Monday had the biggest share of related paid search spend, the analysis found.
The Cyber Monday terms that received the most paid search spend of the keywords examined were "Cyber Monday 2015," "Cyber Monday deals," and "Cyber Monday."
A separate AdGooRoo analysis of 161 Black Friday-specific keywords in 4Q15 found that 64% of spend occurred in the weeks before and after the Black Friday weekend (November 27-29).
The three weeks before Black Friday registered the biggest share of related paid search spend.
The Black Friday terms that received the most paid search spend of the keywords examined were "Black Friday 2015," "Black Friday deals," and "Black Friday."
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Impacting SEO | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How AI Is the End of SEO... Or Not
- Top 7 SEO Mistakes in B2B SaaS
- The Decline of Cookies Means the Rise of Organic Search Marketing
- Unraveling SEO Secrets for B2B Marketers: Kyle Roof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Impacting SEO: Chris Rodgers on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]