Global advertising spending is forecast to reach $547 billion in 2017, up 4.4% from 2016 ad spend levels, according to recent research from GroupM.
The researchers predict that the United States and China will account for half of all net advertising growth 2017, with China responsible for slightly more growth than the US.
Advertising spend is forecast to increase 2.6% in North America in 2017.
Digital is expected to account for 33% of all advertising spend in 2017.
Some 77 cents of every new advertising dollar is forecast to go toward digital channels in 2017; 17 cents of every new advertising dollar is forecast to go toward television in 2017.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Search Advertising Spend Trends for 2023
- Defying the Slowdown: The Rapid Rise of Ad Spend on TikTok
- Is Digital Advertising Really More Effective Than Traditional Advertising?
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]