B2B marketing executives say artificial intelligence (AI) will have a significant impact on their marketing efforts in the next five years, but most say they still do not have a firm understanding of the technology, according to recent research from Demandbase.
The report was based on data from a survey of 500 B2B marketing executives who work for firms with 250 or more employees.
Some 80% of respondents say AI will revolutionize marketing by 2020.
However, only 26% of respondents say they are very confident they understand how AI is used in marketing, and only 10% say their company is using AI as part of its marketing efforts.
B2B marketing executives expect the top challenges of AI will be integrating it into their existing systems/technologies (60% cite it as an issue) and training employees on how to use it (54%).
Respondents say they will judge the success of AI by its ability to generate better sales close rates (59% cite it as an indicator of success), increase revenue (58%), improve digital traffic/engagement (54%), and convert more leads (52%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 500 B2B marketing executives who work for firms with 250 or more employees.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Successful Ways to Combine Inbound and Outbound Marketing
- The 'Purpose Gap' Facing Many B2B Brands
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas
- Four Marketing Approaches That Differentiate Successful B2B Brands
- Close the Marketing Performance Gap: How to Start Delivering on the Most Important Metrics