B2B marketing executives say artificial intelligence (AI) will have a significant impact on their marketing efforts in the next five years, but most say they still do not have a firm understanding of the technology, according to recent research from Demandbase.
The report was based on data from a survey of 500 B2B marketing executives who work for firms with 250 or more employees.
Some 80% of respondents say AI will revolutionize marketing by 2020.
However, only 26% of respondents say they are very confident they understand how AI is used in marketing, and only 10% say their company is using AI as part of its marketing efforts.
B2B marketing executives expect the top challenges of AI will be integrating it into their existing systems/technologies (60% cite it as an issue) and training employees on how to use it (54%).
Respondents say they will judge the success of AI by its ability to generate better sales close rates (59% cite it as an indicator of success), increase revenue (58%), improve digital traffic/engagement (54%), and convert more leads (52%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 500 B2B marketing executives who work for firms with 250 or more employees.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 10 Biggest Emerging Global Risks According to Experts