Which online ad creative elements capture consumers' attention? What types of online ad formats are most seen by visitors to content websites?
To find out, Australia's Fairfax Media conducted an eye-tracking study with 100 consumers who visit content sites regularly. Half of them were shown the desktop version of the Sydney Morning Herald, and the other half were shown the mobile version.
The researchers presented a range of different advertisements on the website pages and tracked eye movement/gaze.
Participants also engaged in an ad-recall exercise as well as a qualitative discussion about their experiences.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Going Beyond Google to Gain New Customers With Search Advertising
- 50+ Retargeting Statistics Marketers Should Know [Infographic]
- How to Boost Your YouTube Strategy With Bumper Ads [Infographic]
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]