Which online ad creative elements capture consumers' attention? What types of online ad formats are most seen by visitors to content websites?
To find out, Australia's Fairfax Media conducted an eye-tracking study with 100 consumers who visit content sites regularly. Half of them were shown the desktop version of the Sydney Morning Herald, and the other half were shown the mobile version.
The researchers presented a range of different advertisements on the website pages and tracked eye movement/gaze.
Participants also engaged in an ad-recall exercise as well as a qualitative discussion about their experiences.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads
- The Most Effective PPC Ad Channels