Which online ad creative elements capture consumers' attention? What types of online ad formats are most seen by visitors to content websites?
To find out, Australia's Fairfax Media conducted an eye-tracking study with 100 consumers who visit content sites regularly. Half of them were shown the desktop version of the Sydney Morning Herald, and the other half were shown the mobile version.
The researchers presented a range of different advertisements on the website pages and tracked eye movement/gaze.
Participants also engaged in an ad-recall exercise as well as a qualitative discussion about their experiences.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country