The report was based on data from nearly 8 billion emails sent in 4Q16 by brands in a range of industries.
The researchers examined how email subject line performance is affected by six types of offers: Buy one, get X; percent off; dollar amount off; free shipping; free gift; and loyalty incentives (e.g., "Member Exclusive: 10% off").
Some 30% of all email campaigns examined included specific offers in their subject lines; 44% of campaigns sent by retailers included specific offers in their subject lines.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends