The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November and December 2016 among 314 marketing professionals who work in a wide range of industries.
Some 56% of respondents whose companies are looking to hire in 2017 plan to look for staff with digital marketing expertise; 35% plan to look for creative services expertise; and 27% plan to look for marketing operations expertise.
Some 24% of digital marketers surveyed say they at least occasionally search for new job opportunities; 27% of creative services professionals surveyed say they at least occasionally search for new job opportunities.
The most in-demand digital marketing areas of expertise with employers are digital advertising, content creation/curation, content strategy, social media, email, and SEO.
The most in-demand creative services areas of expertise with employers are graphic design, Web design, and visual design.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in November and December 2016 of 314 marketing professionals across a wide range of industries.
Continue reading "The Most In-Demand Marketing Skills in 2017" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- 12 Work-From-Home Productivity Hacks [Infographic]
- Marketing Jobs in 2021: Location and Salary Trends [Infographic]
- Do Hiring Managers Check Job Applicants' Social Media Profiles? [Infographic]
- Avoid Marketing Irrelevance: Stop Asking 'What's Our Budget?' and Start Asking 'What's Our Revenue Target?'
- If Marketing Is As Critical As Sales Is to the B2B Pipeline, Why Don't We Formalize Training for Marketing Teams?