The report was based on data from a poll conducted in April 2017 of 2,269 adults in the United States age 18 and older.
Most (86%) people polled say they sometimes come across offensive (racist, sexist, hate-promoting, etc.) content online.
Some 30% of respondents say when they see a brand being advertised alongside offensive material, they believe the advertiser is somehow endorsing that material; 20% do not see it as an endorsement, 33% say the brand may or may not be endorsing the material, and 16% have no opinion.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country